Saco River Map & Guide
Fully updated and revised for the first time in 17 years, this map from the Appalachian Mountain Club, the Northeast’s most trusted resource for outdoor recreation, covers the entire 136-mile Saco River, from its source in the White Mountains of New Hampshire to the Gulf of Maine in the Atlantic Ocean.
Compiled from Geographic Information Systems (GIS) using highly accurate digital data, this durable, waterproof map is ideal for planning trips at home and will withstand years of rough-and-tumble use on the water.
• Mile-by-mile description of the entire river, letting paddlers and other recreational users know what to expect at all points of note
• Easy-to-follow icons identifying river access points, public boat launches, outfitters, campsites, dams, and intermediate to advanced whitewater rapids
• Extensive safety and preparation information for paddlers of all skill levels, including a trip planning checklist, description of types of water hazards, explanation of the rapids classification system
• Information on river health, water quality, and wilderness ethics; plus, before-you-go safety, planning, and packing tips, as well as emergency contacts and fishing and PFD regulations for both Maine and New Hampshire
• Comprehensive lists of swimming holes, campsites, and outfitters