For day hikers and backpackers alike, AMC’s White Mountain Guide has remained the most trusted and indispensable resource for 115 years. This 31st edition has been updated with turn-by-turn descriptions of more than 500 trails throughout the White Mountain National Forest and surrounding areas, as well as trip planning advice and statistics, safety information, and a checklist of New England’s 4,000-footers.
Included in this boxed set are six pull-out topographic maps, updated to reflect the latest trail openings, closings, and reroutes. GPS-inventoried and field-checked by AMC’s cartography department, these maps include trail-segment mileage; hut, lodge, camping, and shelter locations; AMC Hiker Shuttle stops, and more. Whether you’re backpacking through the Presidentials or taking a day hike to one of the region’s many stunning waterfalls, the White Mountain Guide is the one book you absolutely must have.
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND
• Six full-color, GIS-based, pull-out topographic maps covering popular trail networks, with trail segment mileage, shuttle stops, and more, plus four in-text maps covering 60 miles of trails
• New LiDAR-based topography including summit elevations and contours
• Easy-to-follow statistics for every trail, charting cumulative distance, elevation, and time
• Updated trail reroutes and closures
• Suggested hikes for all ability levels, with at-a-glance icons for easy trip selection